Giving the Gift of Hope
Holidays are a time of family, food and generosity. We believe that every family deserves to share a holiday meal together.
Each year, the Freestore Foodbank provides boxes of food to local families to ensure they have a meal for the Thanksgiving and December holidays.
What’s in a Holiday Box?
Each household receives a box containing: either a chicken or turkey (depending on family size), canned vegetables, canned fruit, canned cranberry or pumpkin, stuffing or rice, macaroni and cheese, and brownie mix or another dessert. Each household also receives a bag of produce.
Preparing for the Holidays
We’re already busy preparing for the 2014 holiday season. Boxes of food for a holiday meal will be available at our Customer Connection Center, located at 112 East Liberty Street, from:
- 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday, November 24, 2014
- 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 26, 2014
- **The Freestore Foodbank will be closed Thursday, November 27 and Friday November 28 in observance of the holiday.
- 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday, December 22, 2014
- 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 23, 2014
- **The Freestore Foobank will be closed Thursday, December 25 and Friday, December 26 in observance of the holiday.
Helping Our Friends in Need
With your tremendous support, we were able to provide food for a holiday meal to help nearly 20,000 families during the 2013 holiday season, a six percent increase from the year before.
We Sure Can’t Do It Alone!
Volunteers play a big part in the work we do. More than 1,300 people generously donated their time and energy to our 2013 holiday efforts. From distributing holiday boxes to directing the neighbors we serve, volunteers are a vital part in spreading the gift of hope.
Giving Back Throughout the Year
The faces we meet and the stories we hear serve as a great reminder of the importance of sharing the gift of hope year-round. Please consider making a donation or volunteering your time to our efforts throughout the year.
Greater Efforts to Help
2014 brings new challenges and even greater efforts to serve our community. We look forward to working with you as we take on these endeavors. Thank you for believing in our mission and for joining us in bringing hope in the communities where we live and work.