Under the directions of the Team Leader, Inventory, Processing & Packaging and in conjunction with the Human Resources and Volunteer Management Dept. provide instructions and support to volunteers at the Distribution Center.
Provide volunteer orientation, training and supervision to volunteers. Work in partnership with the Human Resources and Volunteer Management Department to provide support to volunteers during the agency’s Holiday Operations and Special Events, Assist with set-up, break down and site preparation of volunteer activities. Determine volunteer activities prior to volunteer arrival ( i.e. Power Packs, Senior boxes, food sorting, etc.) Plan volunteer activities by helping to determine the most appropriate task, given the volunteers’ skills, abilities and the agency’s available needs.
Prepare work spaces and resources to maximize productivity and safety as well as providing a quality volunteer experience. Identify, recruit and train Volunteer Crew Leaders. Design activities to improve Distribution Center processes.
Process volunteer data records, including volunteer sign in information and volunteer applications, as directed by the Human Resources and Volunteer Management Department. Make reports as requested.
Work evenings and weekends (seasonal). Additional duties as assigned by manager, includes warehouse cleaning, straightening, waste management. May also help with reclamation and/or order picking.
- High School diploma or GED, or 2 or 3 years of related experience.
- Good customer services skills, with the ability to lead and supervise Volunteers; to work with and serve diverse clientele
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Ability to accomplish goals within timeframes and complete reports.
- Working experience in the use of in Microsoft Office software with good presentation skills.
- Adherence to confidentiality
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
If interested please email or fax your information to the following:
Freestore Foodbank, Human Resources Department & Volunteer Management
112 E. Liberty St. 3rd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (513) 357-4821
No phone calls please.