Even though we can’t gather together for Paddlefest, we can still celebrate our local waterways and paddlesports. We invite people to Paddle for a Purpose this summer by completing 9 miles of paddling (like at Paddlefest) at once or in multiple trips on their favorite, local waterway.
Here’s the five easy steps to participating in Paddle for a Purpose —
1. Register online just like you would for Paddlefest (ohioriverpaddlefest.org). Paddle for a Purpose costs $25 for adults, $10 for youth. We’ll donate $5 from each registration to Freestore Foodbank!
2. Pick a waterway (or a few) to complete 9 miles of paddling, just like you’d typically experience on the Ohio River. You can Paddle for a Purpose on any waterway, so head out to your favorite river or lake.
3. Take your time, if you choose. You don’t have to complete your 9 miles all at once. You can combine multiple paddles to reach 9 miles.
4. Post your paddle using our online form to share your adventure with us. We’ll be calculating our community progress by compiling the distances paddled.
5. Share your #PaddleForAPurpose on social media and tag the Ohio River Paddlefest and Adventure Crew.