Thank you for considering a gift of stock to support the Freestore Foodbank. Your contribution can have many benefits, for the community, the Freestore Foodbank, and for you. You may be able to reduce your tax burden through gifts of stock. Call Mindy Hammer at (513) 482-7099 to let us know that you are planning a stock gift to benefit the Freestore Foodbank.
Be sure to please consult your financial advisor when transferring stock to a charity like the Freestore Foodbank. Your financial advisor will want to know that the Freestore Foodbank is a not-for-profit corporation qualified under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
The Freestore Foodbank has an established brokerage account to accept transfers of securities to us which is managed by UBS – Anning Group.
Our Federal Tax Identification Number (EIN) is 23-7122205.
The securities transfer account number is: DTC #0221
The Freestore Foodbank UBS account number to be to be referenced is: WL61947
Contact Representatives at UBS:
Vicki Schaaf: 513-786-7913
Liz Misheff: 513-786-7913
If you’d rather send a stock certificate, please send it to:
Attention: Tim Weidner
1141 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Give Through Your IRA
For individuals age 70 1/2 or older, the IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is a savvy tax-wise way to support Freestore Foodbank. If you are required to make annual withdrawals from an IRA account, these otherwise taxable distributions can satisfy your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) and exclude these funds from your taxable income and maximize your charitable impact.
Up to $100,000 in IRA funds can be counted as QCDs annually, or $200,000 for married couples.
What are the benefits?
- Transfer tax-free gifts from your IRA directly to Freestore Foodbank
- Can be applied toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Beneficial for individuals who do not itemize deductions on their income tax
- Withdrawals not subject to annual charitable deduction limitations
How an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us. For a sample transfer request form click here.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the Freestore Foodbank to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact Mindy Hammer, email@example.com if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.