The Freestore Foodbank is here to serve our neighbors in the tristate when they need us the most. We provide food, connection, and hope, especially during the most challenging times. As we face the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, our main priority is to keep our customers, volunteers, donors, and staff safe.
We are currently working to develop strategies and plans while meeting the community needs as we continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. We are following guidance from the CDC, federal, state and local agencies as well as working with the Feeding America Network of foodbanks. Our team is following the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Last updated: 2022-07-11 15:54:58
If You Need Food or Services
- Liberty Street Market Open 8 am -4 pm for emergency food distribution of prepackaged bags with distancing practices in place for customers at 112 E. Liberty Street. Liberty Street Market is open from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm for choice pantry or pre-made bags.
- Visit our Stabilization Program to learn how we can assist individuals to achieve greater stability by helping them to define key areas in their life that create barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Benefit Enrollment Services (SNAP, Medicaid) will continue through remote enrollment (513) 381-SNAP (7627)
- Payee Window at the Customer Connection Center will continue with distancing practices for customers at 112 E. Liberty Street.
How You Can Help
- At this time we are asking you to not conduct food drives. Doing so could add to the current challenges at the local grocers and require additional volunteers to sort and pack. If you have the means to donate financially, make a donation so we can purchase large quantities of food to be shipped directly to us for lower costs and get specific products out to our local pantries and partners.
- If you would like to help your local pantry and see their needs for food or volunteers, find one near you.
- Your support is always appreciated; financial support lets us use your gift to meet the greatest needs. A donation of any amount helps us continue to respond.
- If you distribute food to those in need and need assistance with food and other resources, email us directly at email@example.com.
Volunteering and Events
The current situation is obviously fluid and we will be constantly evaluating the needs of our community and organization. Please continue visiting our website and social media pages for updates.