The Freestore Foodbank is here to serve our neighbors in the tristate when they need us the most. We provide food, connection, and hope, especially during the most challenging times. As we face the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, our main priority is to keep our customers, volunteers, donors, and staff safe.
We are currently working to develop strategies and plans while meeting the community needs as we continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. We are following guidance from the CDC, federal, state and local agencies as well as working with the Feeding America Network of foodbanks. Our team is following the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Effective March 16, 2020
Last updated: 2021-01-21 09:01:12
If You Need Food or Services
*Masks are required to enter the building for ANY services and will be provided to those upon request. Pre-packaged food bags (26 pounds) will be distributed from the front bay for those who choose not to shop in the market or who do not want to enter the building (for whatever reason).
**The Ohio National Guard is currently helping us pack emergency boxes at out our warehouse and assisting our Healthy Harvest Mobile Market operations. They are not delivering food to homes. Senior Boxes, Emergency Food Boxes, Power Packs, School/Clinic Pantry and Partner Agency Pantry food distribution remains our focus. All other services are temporarily suspended or moved to virtual access.
How You Can Help
- At this time we are asking you to not conduct food drives. Doing so could add to the current challenges at the local grocers and require additional volunteers to sort and pack. If you have the means to donate financially, make a donation so we can purchase large quantities of food to be shipped directly to us for lower costs and get specific products out to our local pantries and partners.
- If you would like to help your local pantry and see their needs for food or volunteers, find one near you.
- Your support is always appreciated; financial support lets us use your gift to meet the greatest needs. A donation of any amount helps us continue to respond.
- If you distribute food to those in need and need assistance with food and other resources, email us directly at email@example.com.
Volunteering and Events
- Freestore Foodbank Mayerson Distribution Center volunteer shifts will begin on Monday, August 10th. Volunteers can begin reserving shifts on Monday, July 13th. Volunteer shifts will be limited to 20/25 volunteers. The volunteer shifts will be Monday through Friday with a morning shift from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and an afternoon shift from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. You can view our upcoming volunteer shifts. You will not be able to see our August volunteer shifts until July 10th!
The current situation is obviously fluid and we will be constantly evaluating the needs of our community and organization. Please continue visiting our website and social media pages for updates.