The ideal candidate will be experienced in all aspects of inventory and warehousing. They will assist the Inventory Processing & Packaging Team Leader by supporting distribution operations, performing general distribution duties, and operating distribution equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Their responsibility will include Puts away, stages, and retrieves product from freezer and cooler units. Picks, stages, and retrieves frozen and refrigerated product for agency orders. Assists member agencies with locating their orders to be picked up, and addresses any and all concerns that agencies may have at the time of order pick up. Loads member agency orders when necessary. Occasional exposure to cold, wet and/or humid conditions
- High School diploma or GED and two years experience in a grocery distribution center or in warehouse operations, facility maintenance and food service items.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Experience operating a forklift, power and hand jacks, and pallet wrapper.
- Excellent customer service skills and basic computational skills (add, multiply, divide).
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides whole units of measure.
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access and Word and other database software.
- Able to regularly lift from 10 to 35 pounds; with lifting 50 – 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to accomplish tasks and goals within timeframes.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the use of Lean management principles and philosophies driving continuous improvement of business process in alignment with organizational goals.
Email or fax your information and salary requirement to the following:
Human Resources Department & Volunteer Management
112 E. Liberty St. 3rd Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Fax: (513) 482-7524
No phone calls please.