The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing daily management and oversight of Volunteer Partnerships. This position is primarily responsible for volunteer collaborations with outside community partners, schools, OASHF and special programs of the Freestore Foodbank for volunteer placements within the organization. This includes individuals receiving stipends for placement.
Facilitate and manage community partnership collaboration regarding volunteers. Acts as an internal consultant for the organization in establishing relationships with outside organizations for recruiting, retaining and providing orientation to volunteers at the Freestore Foodbank including Public Allies, student internships, Mature Services, AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps VISTA, service learning, Giving Fields, etc. Develop, implement and evaluate strategies, processes and policies that support volunteering, including volunteer handbook, employee handbook, and position descriptions, online registration and scheduling, timely and accurate record keeping, and communications to prospective and existing volunteers.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years experience managing a volunteer program including 1-2 years supervisory experience.
• Ability to develop and implement strategic and business plans.
• Experience with Financial management including budget, forecasting, and reporting results.
• High level of interpersonal and analytical skills ; desire to work in a team environment
• Project management experience with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong creativity; ability to utilize existing resources to generate new ideas, forms, methods and interpretations.
• Good organizational skills, with attention to details
• Superior written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people in social and professional situations; experience interacting and work with a diverse population.
• Flexibility to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
• Ability to supervise, develop and evaluate others.
• Strong computer skills and experience working with office software products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Experience working with a Volunteer Management database.
Willing to travel up to 25% of the time locally; requires a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
If interested please email or fax your information to the following:
Freestore Foodbank, Human Resources Department & Volunteer Management
112 E. Liberty St. 3rd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (513) 482-7524
No phone calls please.