The Freestore Foodbank, based in Cincinnati, is one of Ohio’s largest foodbanks. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability and further self-reliance for people in crisis. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to as our Resource Manager for Professional Placement in our Human Resources and Volunteer Management Department.
The ideal candidate will serve as the resident expert for the Freestore Foodbank management team on the hiring and selection process for individuals interested in volunteer and paid staff positions on all levels. This position is primarily responsible for managing the recruitment process, and developing new methods for enhancing the program whenever possible. The selected candidate will provide ongoing training for new staff, volunteers, and managers for core trainings related to employment selection, retention, and safety. In addition, this person will coordinate the orientation program.
Candidates should have proven experience in developing, implementing and evaluating recruitment and retention strategies, processes and policies that support employment, and volunteer staffing. This includes developing volunteer/employment policies, position descriptions, and handling online recruitment and record keeping.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years experience in human resource and/or volunteer management.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must have a broad knowledge of employment law and employer/employee relationships.
- Strong computer skills and experience working with office software products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with an HRIS and Volunteer Management database.
- Financial management experience including budget, forecasting, and reporting results a plus.
- Significant experience interacting and working with a diverse population.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people in social and professional situations.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are critical.
- Ability to supervise and develop others.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills are essential.
- Strong creativity; with an ability to utilize existing resources to generate new ideas, forms, and methods required.
- Project management experience helpful.
- Willing to learn and implement LEAN management procedures.
If interested please email or fax your information to the following:
Freestore Foodbank, Human Resources Department & Volunteer Management
112 E. Liberty St. 3rd Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Fax: (513) 357-4821
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer