September is Hunger Action Month, a nationwide campaign that encourages the country to take action on the issue of hunger. Organized by Feeding America®, the campaign brings greater attention to the issue and promotes ways for you to get involved with the movement to solve it. Here are a few ways that you can help:
- Volunteer at the Freestore Foodbank.
- Make a monetary donation.
- Have a “brown bag lunch” at the office: Ask co-workers to bring brown bag lunches, and then donate the saved money to the Freestore Foodbank.
- Wear orange on Hunger Action Day – Thursday, September 8 – to help raise awareness about hunger.
- “Like” the Freestore Foodbank on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
- What can’t you do on an empty stomach? Share a plate photo with #HungerActionMonth to raise awareness
- Write a letter to your elected officials about hunger.
- Take the SNAP challenge. Live a day or a week on a “food stamp budget.” Share your experience on Facebook, Twitter, or a blog.