The Freestore Foodbank, based in Cincinnati, is one of Ohio’s largest foodbanks. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability and further self-reliance for people in crisis. We are currently seeking a Grants Officer in our Development and External Communications Department.
Research, and write successful grant proposals to support the Freestore Foodbank, as well as support the cultivation and stewardship efforts for donors.
Write grants and gift/funding proposals under the direction/approval of the Director of Strategic Gifts and Vice President of Development. Evaluate and make strategic recommendations for funding opportunities specific to private foundation grants at the local, regional, and national level. Ensure reporting compliance as required in the application process and funding. Maintain comprehensive records of prospects, resources and applications. Develop mass and customized communications for donors and supporters in order to deepen their understanding of and support of the Freestore Foodbank mission.
- Bachelors Degree in related field with three to five years of relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook ) software, as well as, fundraising software/reference materials.
- Motivated self-starter; detailed orientated.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor management database software product.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Applicants must provide three writing samples, preferably a grant proposal and cultivation/stewardship pieces for consideration.
If interested please email or fax your resume and salary requirement to the following:
Human Resources and Volunteer Management Department
112 E. Liberty St. 3rd Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Fax: (513) 357-4821
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer