The Freestore Foodbank, based in Cincinnati, is one of Ohio’s largest foodbanks. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability and further self-reliance for people in crisis. We are currently seeking a Director of the Cincinnati Cooks Programs in the Rosenthal Community Kitchen at our location in Downtown Cincinnati.
The Cincinnati Cooks Program is a free, 10-week program that prepares students, looking to improve their lives, for work in the food service industry. This position also provides management and leadership for the Cincinnati Cooks Catering and Second Course Programs for the Cincinnati Cooks operations.
The Director will be responsible for all aspects of Cincinnati Cooks, from coordinating the flow of donated food through the facility to recipient member agencies, and the matriculation of the student chefs through the course. We are seeking a strong leader that is responsible for program leadership and kitchen management of our day-to-day operations including training, catering, coaching and supervision of volunteers. The Director is responsible for all strategic and business operations of the Community Kitchen.
The successful candidate must be creative and a strategic thinker, mission-driven and have the ability to work well with a diverse population including students, volunteers, donors and community partners. Proven experience in running business operations within the food-service industry a must.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with culinary arts or other related foodservice program.
• Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in program management.
• Two to four years equivalent social services experience would be helpful.
• Working knowledge of G-STAR data base preferred.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills essential, along with the ability to work with a diverse population is required.
• Familiarity with Greater Cincinnati and surrounding counties a plus.
For more information about the Freestore Foodbank and the Cincinnati Cooks Program, please log onto www.freestorefoodbank.org.
Interested candidates should email, fax or mail a copy of their resume and expected salary to:
112 E. Liberty St.
Cincinnati, Oh 45202
Fax: (513) 482-7524
Email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.