The Freestore Foodbank, based in Cincinnati, is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability and further self-reliance for people in crisis. We are currently seeking a strong, self-starting individual with the ability to sell and close major and planned gifts from individuals and corporations. A successful candidate will have a solid background in sales, developing strategies for new levels of giving, and ability to manage a stewardship program.
This position is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects to reach or exceed annual funding goals and ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support for the Freestore Foodbank. Candidates must be able to reach and exceed funding goals of 10% increase within their first year.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5-8 successful experience in sales, major and/or planned gift fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial goals for major and planned gift giving.
- Candidates must be experienced in developing strategies for new levels of giving. Managing a stewardship program is a plus.
- Successful experience in working with a diverse population including Board Members, upper level management, and the community at large.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade others.
- Strong writing, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook ) software.
- Solid attention to detail and time-management skills, with the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor management database software product.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Knowledge of fundraising for non-profit institutions with accountability for bottom line results a plus.
- A successful candidate will have a strong background in sales, and/or desire to succeed in selling, and be able to clearly and concisely communicate the brand message of the organization.
- A successful candidate will care about the Freestore Foodbank mission of feeding hungry people, furthering self-reliance.
Selected candidates must complete an assessment, and a writing sample, preferably a major gift proposal or cultivation/stewardship piece for consideration.
If interested please email or fax your resume and salary requirement to the following:
Human Resources and Volunteer Management Department
112 E. Liberty St. 3rd Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Fax: (513) 357-4821
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer