How You Can Help During Hunger Action Month
September is Hunger Action Month, a nationwide campaign that encourages the country to take action on the issue of hunger. Organized by Feeding America®, the campaign brings greater attention to the issue and promotes ways for you to get involved with the movement to solve it. Here are a few ways that you can help:
- Volunteer at the Freestore Foodbank.
- Start a virtual food drive to support our efforts.
- Make a monetary donation.
- Have a “brown bag lunch” at the office: Ask co-workers to bring brown bag lunches, and then donate the saved money to the Freestore Foodbank.
- GO ORANGE online. Click here to add some orange to your Facebook profile or cover image for the month.
- “Like” the Freestore Foodbank on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
- Share your photos and stories with us by using the hashtag #HungerAction on Facebook and on Twitter at @FreestoreFB.
- Write a letter to your elected officials about hunger.
- Take the SNAP challenge. Live a day or a week on a food stamp budget (just $5 a day). Share your experience on Facebook, Twitter, or a blog.